Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <rj...@apache.org> on 2006/12/21 02:28:53 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat JK 1.2.20 Web Server Connector released

The Apache Tomcat team is pleased to announce the immediate availability
of version 1.2.20 of the Apache Tomcat Connectors.

It contains connectors, which allow a web server such as Apache HTTPD,
Microsoft IIS and Sun Web Server to act as a front end to the Tomcat web
application server.

This version contains several enhancements and fixes a number of minor
bugs of the previous version 1.2.19.

See http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/miscellaneous/changelog.html
for a complete list of changes.

Source distribtions can be downloaded from an
Apache Software Foundation mirror at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi

Binary distributions for a number of different operating systems and
web servers can be downloaded from an
Apache Software Foundation mirror at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi

Documentation for using JK with Tomcat 3.3, 4.1, 5.0 and 5.5
can be found at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

Thank you,

-- The Apache Tomcat Team

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat JK 1.2.20 Web Server Connector released

Posted by Jessica Leupold <je...@gmail.com>.
I remember the msi file did configure jakarta virtual directory, isapi
> filter and put this keys in the registry :
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
> Redirector]
> @=""
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
> Redirector\1.0]
> @=""
> "extension_uri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"
> "log_file"="C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Jakarta Isapi
> Redirector\\log\\isapi_redirect.log"
> "log_level"="info"
> "worker_file"="C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Jakarta
> Isapi Redirector\\conf\\workers.properties.minimal"
> "worker_mount_file"="C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software
> Foundation\\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\\conf\\uriworkermap.properties"
>
> Unless someone is willing to buy an Installshield license....
The easiest way is to use the latest msi (I think 1.2.15) to get the above
mentioned registry settings. Then switch the isapi_redirect.dll.
Just don´t forget that from jk-1.2.18 you will also need to:
- add registry key: "rewrite_rule_file", add value: "D:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\conf\rewrites.properties"
- create the rewrites.properties -file

/* Jessica

RE: [ANN] Apache Tomcat JK 1.2.20 Web Server Connector released

Posted by Matteo Turra <mt...@kion.it>.
Are you sure Martin?

I remember the msi file did configure jakarta virtual directory, isapi filter and put this keys in the registry :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\1.0]
@=""
"extension_uri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"
"log_file"="C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\\log\\isapi_redirect.log"
"log_level"="info"
"worker_file"="C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\\conf\\workers.properties.minimal"
"worker_mount_file"="C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\\conf\\uriworkermap.properties"

I think it was pretty easy and fast instead do all by hand.

Matteo.

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Matteo Turra wrote:
> I cannot find the isapi_redirect.msi file to install properly isapi filter on windows like in previous release (ie. 1.2.15) and I have to edit manually the windows registry. Why? It was so useful.

There isn't one any more.
The reason is quite simple: I don't have InstallShield license
any more. If someone is willing to buy the InstallShield and
donate it to the Tomcat community, I'll create
.msi/.exe installers.
I've tried to contact the InstallShield directly, but without
any luck.

Regards,
Mladen.

RE: [ANN] Apache Tomcat JK 1.2.20 Web Server Connector released

Posted by Matteo Turra <mt...@kion.it>.