Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by cjhorton <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/21 20:05:13 UTC

Need some clarification on deletePartyContactMech simple method value-field

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure what the purpose of the second line in the
deletePartyContactMech simple method...

<make-value entity-name="PartyContactMech"
value-field="newPartyContactMech"/>

Can someone please explain?

I have attached the full method code below.

Thanks!

-CJ

<simple-method method-name="deletePartyContactMech"
short-description="Delete a PartyContactMech">
        <make-value entity-name="PartyContactMech"
value-field="newPartyContactMech"/>
        <if-empty field="parameters.partyId">
            <set field="parameters.partyId" from-field="userLogin.partyId"/>
        </if-empty>

        <make-value entity-name="PartyContactMech"
value-field="partyContactMechMap"/>
        <set-pk-fields value-field="partyContactMechMap" map="parameters"/>
        <find-by-and entity-name="PartyContactMech" list="partyContactMechs"
map="partyContactMechMap"/>
        <filter-list-by-date list="partyContactMechs"
to-list="validPartyContactMechs"/>
        <first-from-list entry="partyContactMech"
list="validPartyContactMechs"/>
        <if-empty field="partyContactMech">
            <add-error>
                <fail-property resource="PartyUiLabels"
property="PartyContactMechNotFoundCannotDelete"/>
            </add-error>
            <return/>
        </if-empty>
        <now-timestamp field="partyContactMech.thruDate"/>
        <store-value value-field="partyContactMech"/>
    </simple-method>

Re: Need some clarification on deletePartyContactMech simple method value-field

Posted by CJay Horton <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sumit.  For some reason, the mini language is difficult for me to
grasp still.

Posted by Sumit Porwal <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi CJ,

This line of code in not needed here.

 Regards,
Sumit Porwal
Amicon Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, India.
India's No. 1 OFBiz Services Provider

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:35 AM, cjhorton <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am not sure what the purpose of the second line in the
> deletePartyContactMech simple method...
>
> <make-value entity-name="PartyContactMech"
> value-field="newPartyContactMech"/>
>
> Can someone please explain?
>
> I have attached the full method code below.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -CJ
>
> <simple-method method-name="deletePartyContactMech"
> short-description="Delete a PartyContactMech">
>        <make-value entity-name="PartyContactMech"
> value-field="newPartyContactMech"/>
>        <if-empty field="parameters.partyId">
>            <set field="parameters.partyId" from-field="userLogin.partyId"/>
>        </if-empty>
>
>        <make-value entity-name="PartyContactMech"
> value-field="partyContactMechMap"/>
>        <set-pk-fields value-field="partyContactMechMap" map="parameters"/>
>        <find-by-and entity-name="PartyContactMech" list="partyContactMechs"
> map="partyContactMechMap"/>
>        <filter-list-by-date list="partyContactMechs"
> to-list="validPartyContactMechs"/>
>        <first-from-list entry="partyContactMech"
> list="validPartyContactMechs"/>
>        <if-empty field="partyContactMech">
>            <add-error>
>                <fail-property resource="PartyUiLabels"
> property="PartyContactMechNotFoundCannotDelete"/>
>            </add-error>
>            <return/>
>        </if-empty>
>        <now-timestamp field="partyContactMech.thruDate"/>
>        <store-value value-field="partyContactMech"/>
>    </simple-method>

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit Porwal
sumit@amicontech.com