Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bhaskar Maddala <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/12 20:45:41 UTC

Using Artemis with amqp producer

Hello,

   I am working on an application [1] where I have the need to either
support an embedded broker with external consumers or an external broker
with my application the producer. I also have a requirement to keep the
implementation language and framework agnostic (STOMP / AMQP?)

   For the first case I have been playing with Artemis in embedded mode. I
am using InVMAcceptorFactory in embedded mode along with
InVMConnectorFactory and core apis for producer and messages. Do I need to
enable a NettyAcceptorFactory for external consumers and how do I enable
support for AMQP?

   For the second case, external broker, the application does not mandate a
particular MOM implementation (i.e. it may not be Artemis). Can someone
point me to the apis that I can use for AMQP producer?

   I've looked thru the examples which are core api and jms based. My
understanding here might be limited and incorrect and I might be attempting
to do something that isn't supported.

   On [1] the existing code is in classes beginning with the name Events*.

Thanks
-Bhaskar

[1] https://github.com/tumblr/collins/compare/master...bhaskar-hornetq-amqp