Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Trask, Dennis" <De...@NielsenMedia.com> on 2003/10/09 15:00:34 UTC

Changing Page Size for iText PDF Output

I am using Cocoon to produce PDF documents through the iText serializer.
However, the default page size seems to be "A4", and I need "letter". The
only way I have found to change this (besides changing the iTextSerializer)
is by altering the serializer definition in the root sitemap to include a
page-size attribute. However, with this solution, I cannot produce different
page sizes within a single deployment of Cocoon.

I noticed that the sitemap in the iText samples directory tries to pass
page-size and page-orientation parameters to the serializer, but these
parameters seem to be ineffective.

Is there a better solution that I have missed?

Dennis Trask<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

Nielsen Media Research

501 Brooker Creek Blvd.

Oldsmar, FL  34677

E-mail     <ma...@nielsenmedia.com>
dennis.trask@nielsenmedia.com
Phone    (813) 366-4201
Fax        (813) 366-0025

Re: Changing Page Size for iText PDF Output

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Trask, Dennis wrote:
> However, the default page size seems to be "A4", and I need "letter". The
> only way I have found to change this (besides changing the iTextSerializer)
> is by altering the serializer definition in the root sitemap to include a
> page-size attribute. However, with this solution, I cannot produce different
> page sizes within a single deployment of Cocoon.

You can define multiple serializers, e.g. ...iText/A4 and ...iText/letter.
Of course this means you need different pipelines or at least matches
for different paper sizes.

> I noticed that the sitemap in the iText samples directory tries to pass
> page-size and page-orientation parameters to the serializer, but these
> parameters seem to be ineffective.
>
> Is there a better solution that I have missed?

Hm. Fixing the issues with the sitemap parameters? :-)

J.Pietschmann