Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mick Farmer <mi...@dcs.bbk.ac.uk> on 2002/10/01 15:23:19 UTC

Re: Having problems running FOP from command line

Dear Bob,

Some XSL systems are brain dead concerning the opening tag.
Try leaving a space before the second quesion mark, or
include a second attribute such as the following.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

This *may* help!

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
                    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
                   / \ Against HTML Mail

Re: Fop processsing via script

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Cyril Vidal wrote:
> I'm afraid it has something to do with fop 0.20.4 because after changing.to
> version JRE 1.2, all now runs well. The message was right (It's not a story
> of broken java installtion, because I've tried with a correct 1.3 JRE
> Version, and I've received exactly the same error message).

FOP cannot and does not read registry keys.  The error message
below cannot be produced by FOP, examine the source if you don't
belive it.
Oleg is right, it seems someone installed a 1.2 JDK or JRE
on a system with various 1.3 versions already installed.
Uninstall *every* JDK version, which probably includes
manually cleaning the registry, then reinstall. If you don't
know what the registry is, call your friendly user support.

>>>Registry Key 'Software\Javasoft\Java Runtime Environnement\Current
>>> Version'
>>>has value '1.3' but '1.2' is required.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Fop processsing via script

Posted by Cyril Vidal <cy...@planetexml.com>.
I'm afraid it has something to do with fop 0.20.4 because after changing.to
version JRE 1.2, all now runs well. The message was right (It's not a story
of broken java installtion, because I've tried with a correct 1.3 JRE
Version, and I've received exactly the same error message).

Anyway, thanks for your help,
Best,
Cyril.

_______________________________

Cyril Vidal
Email: cyril@planetexml.com
Web: http://www.planetexml.com
Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.

Fop processsing via script

Posted by Cyril Vidal <cy...@planetexml.com>.
Hi,

I run under fop 0.20.4
I've got a .bat that transforms a file return.fo to a result.pdf one and
runs well by just double-clicking on it:
java -cp
C:\fop2\build\fop.jar;C:\fop2\lib\batik.jar;C:\fop2\lib\xalan-2.3.1.jar;C:\f
op2\lib\xercesImpl-2.0.1.jar;C:\fop2\lib\xml-apis.jar;C:\fop2\lib\avalon-fra
mework-cvs-20020315.jar;C:\fop2\lib\logkit-1.0.jar;C:\fop2\lib\jimi-1.0.jar
org.apache.fop.apps.Fop
C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\DGA\AIS\cyril\DERA\prog\fop\result.fo
C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\DGA\AIS\cyril\DERA\prog\fop\result.pdf

But, when I want to run it by Javascript script, like this:
 var WSHShell = new ActiveXObject("Wscript.Shell");
          var theCmdLine =
"C:/WINDOWS/Bureau/DGA/AIS/cyril/DERA/prog/fop/fop2.bat" ;
             WSHShell.Run(theCmdLine,1,true);

the Dos-Command tellms me the following error message:
Registry Key 'Software\Javasoft\Java Runtime Environnement\Current Version'
has value '1.3' but '1.2' is required.
I've checked my Software/JRE folder and I found thie folders:
1.2   1.3.1_02 and 1.3.1_04

I've tried to delete the 1.3... folders just to keep the 1.2 one but it
does'nt run.
What do I have to do?

Thanks a lot in advance for your responses,
Best,
Cyril

Cyril Vidal
Email: cyril@planetexml.com