Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Jonhnny Weslley <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 03:56:45 UTC

Java Compiler doesn't support method overloading

Hi,

The Java Compiler implementation doesn't support method overloading.
The generated classes declaring overloaded methods contains duplicated
nested types,
i.e., for each overloaded method *xxx* is generated a *xxx_args* and *
x_result* nested classes.
The code doesn't compile!

--
Jonhnny Weslley

Re: Java Compiler doesn't support method overloading

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@facebook.com>.
You are correct that Thrift doesn't support method overloading.
The bug here is that we are not checking to make sure that there
are no functions with duplicated names.

--David