Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Keven Ages <ke...@fourthwallmedia.com> on 2006/05/01 22:27:51 UTC

lenya basics

I'm trying to keep my header graphics out of view of the user in Lenya
when they are in 'edit' mode.

I'm new to Lenya and XSLT and can't seem to find any info on this on
Lenya's site or the net.

Basically what I'm trying to do is have the header graphic update itself
depending on the page it's on (ie, about us header graphic would appear
on the about us page) w/o the image showing up in edit mode, so that the
user does not change or mess with it at all.

Any help would be much appreciated - if there is any more info I can
give to assist - please let me know.

Cheers,

Keven

Re: new lenya website

Posted by Doug Chestnut <ch...@apache.org>.
Thanks Mario, mortalityrisk.org has been added to:
http://lenya.apache.org/community/live-sites.html

--Doug

Re: new lenya website

Posted by Mario Rometsch <ro...@uni-ulm.de>.
For sure. Please add it!

Mario Rometsch

Re: new lenya website

Posted by Derek Cooper <li...@derekcooper.com>.
On 2-May-06, at 8:32 PM, Derek Cooper wrote:

> You can add http://www.ece.queensu.ca - we went live a few weeks
> ago, Lenya pushing to a static HTML site. Many users publishing
> content through Lenya - very cool.

Well, not soo cool - just checked the site and see we have a cocoon
pipeline problem. Ugh. But trust me, the site is there... it is!  :)

DC

Re: new lenya website

Posted by Doug Chestnut <ch...@apache.org>.
Thanks Derek, www.ece.queensu.ca has been added to:

Re: new lenya website

Posted by Derek Cooper <li...@derekcooper.com>.

Re: new lenya website

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@wyona.com>.
Hello Mario,

Mario Rometsch wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>thank you for creating such an amazing product! We have set up an internet
>portal dedicated to mortality risk and longevity modeling:
>www.mortalityrisk.org
>It's based on Apache lenya and the publication of the university of zurich.
>
>Greetings
>
>Mario Rometsch

Renaud Richardet
COO America
office +1 857 776-3195                     mobile +1 617 230 9112
renaud.richardet <at> wyona.com              http://www.wyona.com

new lenya website

Posted by Mario Rometsch <ro...@uni-ulm.de>.
Hi everyone,

thank you for creating such an amazing product! We have set up an internet
portal dedicated to mortality risk and longevity modeling:
www.mortalityrisk.org
It's based on Apache lenya and the publication of the university of zurich.

Greetings

Mario Rometsch

Re: lenya basics

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 5/1/06, Keven Ages <ke...@fourthwallmedia.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to keep my header graphics out of view of the user in Lenya when
> they are in 'edit' mode.
>
> I'm new to Lenya and XSLT and can't seem to find any info on this on Lenya's
> site or the net.
>
> Basically what I'm trying to do is have the header graphic update itself
> depending on the page it's on (ie, about us header graphic would appear on
> the about us page) w/o the image showing up in edit mode, so that the user
> does not change or mess with it at all.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated - if there is any more info I can give to
> assist - please let me know.

Add the graphic from the XSL rather than the Document.  The Document's
HTML is editable by the editors.  The XSL is only editable by
developers.

In 1.2, you could have the graphic as an Asset attached to the
Document.  That allows a common name such as "header.gif" to be used
for all Documents.  We use that technique for adding background
graphics: "bg.gif" is used if it exists.  An example Asset would be
in:
{pub}/resources/live/about/header.gif

Or have a special directory for "headers" that cannot be edited using
the CMS GUI.
{pub}/headers/about/header.gif
Or for multiple languages:
{pub}/headers/about/header_en.gif

solprovider

Re: lenya basics

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Keven Ages wrote:
> I’m trying to keep my header graphics out of view of the user in Lenya
> when they are in ‘edit’ mode.
I disable the navigation in my template when the editor is used by (I
use 1.4 but it shouldn't be too different for 1.2):
*passing the "rendertype" to my page2xhtml.xsl transformation in my
publications sitemap like so
           <map:when test="xslt/page2xhtml-{4}.xsl">
             <map:transform src="fallback://xslt/page2xhtml-{4}.xsl">
               <map:parameter name="root" value="{base-url:{2}:{3}}"/>
               <map:parameter name="publication-id" value="{2}"/>
               <map:parameter name="area" value="{3}"/>
               <map:parameter name="url" value="{5}"/>
               <map:parameter name="document-id"
value="{page-envelope:document-id}"/>
               <map:parameter name="document-type"
value="{page-envelope:document-type}"/>
               <map:parameter name="language"
value="{page-envelope:document-language}"/>
               <map:parameter name="contextprefix"
value="{request:contextPath}"/>
               <map:parameter name="title" value="{dublincore:title}"/>
               <map:parameter name="rendertype" value="{1}" />
             </map:transform>
           </map:when>
*capture the parameter in my page2xhtml.xsl with
     <xsl:param name="rendertype" select="''" />
*then use the parameter to decide if the menu should be displayed with
     <xsl:if test="$rendertype != 'edit'">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="/cmsbody/xhtml:div[@id = 'menu']/*" />
     </xsl:if>

> I’m new to Lenya and XSLT and can’t seem to find any info on this on
> Lenya’s site or the net.
>

> Basically what I’m trying to do is have the header graphic update itself
> depending on the page it’s on (ie, about us header graphic would appear
> on the about us page) w/o the image showing up in edit mode, so that the
> user does not change or mess with it at all.
How do you wish to map the graphic to the page?  Is it just the text in
the graphic that changes?  If so you might want to look at svg
rasterized to a jpg or png if you can't get by without the image (style
banner with css instead).  Cool thing about svg is that you can still
use css (site redesigns without touching photoshop).

--Doug