Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Flavio Donzé <fl...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/19 14:34:46 UTC

Exporting a Node containing all versions

Hello Everybody

I want to export a Node and import it on a different Jackrabbit repository.
The tricky thing is that all versions to this node should come along.

I figured out I can export all versions using:

getSession().exportSystemView(node.getBaseVersion().getParent().getPath(),
new FileOutputStream(new File("d:/temp/versions.xml")), false, false);

and export the Node separately:

getSession().exportSystemView(node, new FileOutputStream(new
File("d:/temp/node.xml")), false, false);

Well this works, but how do I import those files in the new repository. The
Node is no Problem, but how about the versions?

Am I on a totally wrong path? Is there a method to export a Node containing
all previous versions?

I appreciate any help on this

Flavio

Re: Exporting a Node containing all versions

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com>.
2009/5/19 Flavio Donzé <fl...@gmail.com>:
> I want to export a Node and import it on a different Jackrabbit repository.
> The tricky thing is that all versions to this node should come along.

Import does not support versions.

--
-Tor