Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Chris Jansen <ch...@cognitomobile.com> on 2011/08/16 19:32:46 UTC

Contributing to Flume

Hello,

I emailed the user group a few days back about the log4j appender only
sending the message body of a logging event, for which I have produced a
fix. I have created an issue in JIRA (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-743) that I am more than
happy to be assigned so that I can contribute my fix, would it be
possible to gain contributor status in the flume JIRA project?

Thanks

Chris

NOTICE: Cognito Limited. Benham Valence, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 8LU.  UK. Company number 02723032.  This e-mail message and any attachment is confidential. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately then delete it from your system. Whilst every effort has been made to check this mail is virus free we accept no responsibility for software viruses and you should check for viruses before opening any attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this email and any attachments which do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given by the company nor endorsed by it.

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast

Re: Contributing to Flume

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

You don't need a Contributor status to provide patches. You can attach your
patches to the JIRA (and check the ASL license).
One of the committer shall review your patch and commit to the trunk.

IMHO, assigning a ticket in JIRA won't give much, coz you won't be able
commit the patch yourself.

thanks
ashish

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Contributing to Flume

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
I've added you as a contributor and assigned FLUME-743 to you. Being a
contributor means you can now assign JIRAs to yourself.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Chris Jansen
<ch...@cognitomobile.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I emailed the user group a few days back about the log4j appender only
> sending the message body of a logging event, for which I have produced a
> fix. I have created an issue in JIRA (see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-743) that I am more than
> happy to be assigned so that I can contribute my fix, would it be
> possible to gain contributor status in the flume JIRA project?
>

> Thanks
>

> Chris
>

> NOTICE: Cognito Limited. Benham Valence, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 8LU.  UK. Company number 02723032.  This e-mail message and any attachment is confidential. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately then delete it from your system. Whilst every effort has been made to check this mail is virus free we accept no responsibility for software viruses and you should check for viruses before opening any attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this email and any attachments which do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given by the company nor endorsed by it.
>
> This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer