Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org> on 2018/01/02 08:59:12 UTC

configjsr branch not buildable in travis / other Travis builds are ok except CDI test failures in extensions

Hi everyone,

happy new year.

@Anatole: can you try to convince the configJSR guys to make at least a
SNAPSHOT of their API available via Maven?

My comment on github is still ignored ... maybe you achieve more via
direct contact.

As long as we do not have a publicly available API artefact Travis still
fails:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-tamaya

Master is still okay:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-tamaya/branches

Sandbox seems to be okay:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-tamaya-sandbox/branches
while extension is not building on Travis (just like ASF-Jenkins):
https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-tamaya-extensions/branches

The same CDI-test failures:
https://api.travis-ci.org/v3/job/323041944/log.txt

Cheers,
Phil

Re: configjsr branch not buildable in travis / other Travis builds are ok except CDI test failures in extensions

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Am 25.01.2018 um 08:45 schrieb William Lieurance:
> Sure thing.  The request is at https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya/pull/9
>
> Let me know if you'd like a patch file on the Jira ticket instead.

All went fine - I do hope that Travis will turn green again
(at the moment the build is waiting in the queue).

Thanks for your help and the introduction of jitpack.

Posted by William Lieurance <wi...@namikoda.com>.
Sure thing.  The request is at https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya/pull/9

Let me know if you'd like a patch file on the Jira ticket instead.

--William

Am 21.01.2018 um 04:55 schrieb William Lieurance:
> While I would definitely like to see javaconfig-api jars published correctly, as long as we're talking about bad workarounds I was able to get Anatole's branch built and tests passing using jitpack.io as a passthrough to their github repo.  I'm not proud of it but I think it can get us moving until the jsr folks can get around to publishing.  See https://github.com/peculater/incubator-tamaya/compare/configjsr...configjsr-jitpack?expand=1

created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAMAYA-325
for that.

@William: please proceed with a merge request - it should be possible to
do this via Github.

Please give it a try,
thanks

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi *,

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
*Anatole Tresch*
PPMC Member Apache Tamaya

*Speaking at:*

  [image: JSD_Speaker_2017][image: J-Con 2017 logo][image: JVM Con]

Re: configjsr branch not buildable in travis / other Travis builds are ok except CDI test failures in extensions

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
William,

Posted by William Lieurance <wi...@namikoda.com>.

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
I assume it is because there is still discussions ongoing related the API.
I will definitvely ask for this or even raise a ticket. I assume with Early
Draft Review the latest, we will have an artifact accessible ;-)

J Anatole

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.