Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be> on 2008/11/14 18:58:06 UTC

Fwd: No Page Numbering in PDF

Hi

Just a small note: this type of question is not related to FOP
development, but simply to usage, hence why I'm posting the response
there.

Try to keep this in mind for the future: fop-dev@ is meant for
questions/discussions about development on FOP (not development /with/
FOP, which is actually 'FOP usage')

Thanks!

Now that that's out of the way:

> From: AshuSuri <ga...@gmail.com>
>

> I am converting xhtml to PDF and PDF has page numbers inserted in
> it. But I
> dont want page numbers in the PDF. Does anybody know how to remove
> the page
> numbers or where in PDF does FOP embed Page Numbers.

The page-numbers are generated because somewhere in the stylesheet --I
presume you're using XSL to convert the XHTML to FO-- a fo:page-number
element is created. If you can manipulate the stylesheet so that this
element is omitted from the output, then the PDF won't contain those
page-numbers.

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas