Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> on 2002/12/08 15:18:13 UTC

[vote] plans for torque 3.1

i posted my plans for the next version of torque some weeks ago .. now
it's voting time ;-)

o remove all deprecated stuff (+ code cleanup)

o switch to commons-logging

o remove the legacy build (if we really need an ant build let's improve
the maven generated ant build files .. it's a real pain to keep both
versions up to date)

o seperate the generation and runtime parts of torque (move the
generator to src/generator)

+4

martin

AW: about stratum jar

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.
Hi Andreou, that's pretty interesting to me.
Since I started with maven 4 weeks ago, I never got the Torque-plugin
running. Goal torque:whatever always reports an error not finding the
stratum-lib.
Did you get the torque-plugin running?

I have both stratum-1.0-b3-dev.jar and stratum-1.0-b3.jar in my
repo/stratum/jars.
And I also tried both
<version>1.0-b3</version>
and
<version>1.0-b3-dev</version>

in my project.xml, without having any effect on the error that occurs.
Do you have an idea where another entry could be that would cause maven not
finding the stratum-lib?

Regards
Marc

about stratum jar

Re: [vote] plans for torque 3.1

Posted by Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>.
If you tend to lean more towards the UML side of things, then you could
possibly collaborate with AXgen:
http://axgen.sourceforge.net/

Rgds,
Neeme

Stephen Haberman ::

RE: [vote] plans for torque 3.1

Posted by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com>.

Re: [vote] plans for torque 3.1

Posted by "James A. Hillyerd" <ja...@hillyerd.com>.
On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 06:18, Martin Poeschl wrote:
> i posted my plans for the next version of torque some weeks ago .. now
> it's voting time ;-)
>
> o remove all deprecated stuff (+ code cleanup)
>
> o switch to commons-logging
>
> o remove the legacy build (if we really need an ant build let's improve
> the maven generated ant build files .. it's a real pain to keep both
> versions up to date)
>
> o seperate the generation and runtime parts of torque (move the
> generator to src/generator)

I'm not sure if contributors can vote, but I +4 all of the above.

Do you think some of the template refactoring (proposed by Stephen
Haberman I think) should take place in this release, or wait for 4.0?

-james

--
James A. Hillyerd <ja...@hillyerd.com>
Java Software Engineer - http://www.whynotown.com/