Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Michael Yui <yc...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/06/09 05:34:46 UTC

How do I detect the data type of a node?

Hello all,

I have a few quick questions about using Schema. I hope someone can
answer this for me.

1) How do I detect the data type of a node? I have found the
DataDataTypeValidator interface so I know how to parse the date, but
how do I detect that the node is a Date? Or a Number, boolean, etc?

3) Does Apache SOAP also support this kind of thing? (ie. detecting
the data type of a node and then parsing it?)

2) Does Xerces support inline schema?

thanks!
michael.