Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/06/03 10:46:26 UTC

CLI problems (ComponentSelector, cocoon protocol)

Hi list,

I'm running the Main class of Cocoon 2.0.4 from an Ant buildfile
on Windows XP.

The following problems occur:

- The ComponentSelector does not find default components
   ("could not find component for hint []"). If I add type
   attributes to all component references in the sitemap,
   everything is fine.

- The cocoon: protocol does not work properly (I forgot the
   error message, but I can reproduce them if this helps).

- One page produces a broken link. The debug messages look
   OK (apart from the broken link one ...). The log files
   don't contain any exceptions, only success messages for
   all transformation steps.

In Tomcat, everything works fine.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?
Could it help to update to a newer snapshot?
Or should I try to use the batchfiles from the source
distribution instead of the Ant project?

Thanks in advance!
Andreas

Re: CLI problems (ComponentSelector, cocoon protocol)

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Andreas,

> > I'd suggest trying the CLI from 2.1. It has much greater
> > functionality.
>
> OK, I could try that. But I guess it isn't possible to use the
> Main class from 2.1 for a 2.0.4 site, is it?

No, I very much doubt that would work.

Have you read the page on the Wiki on the 2.0.4 CLI?

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki?page=CommandLine

It might help you out.

> Actually, at the moment all I need is the functionality to generate
> static pages, and I won't have the time to test additional features.

Oh well!

> But I will follow the topic on the list - the CLI is a great feature!

I agree. But one that needs more work to get it to where it could really be.

> Maybe the Forrest guys are interested in more flexibility? I heard
> that they would like to move some functionality from Ant to Cocoon.

I'm sure they would be. No doubt they'll test it for me.

> Thanks for your help!

You're welcome.

Upayavira

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Upayavira wrote:

> I'd suggest trying the CLI from 2.1. It has much greater functionality.

OK, I could try that. But I guess it isn't possible to use the
Main class from 2.1 for a 2.0.4 site, is it?

> And, when I've summoned up the guts to make my first commit, it'll handle broken
> links much better and be more configurable as to what you can do with a page once
> you've generated it.
>
> If you're interested in this, let me know and I'll tell you when I've committed it. I'd
> appreciate some help testing it!

Actually, at the moment all I need is the functionality to generate
static pages, and I won't have the time to test additional features.
But I will follow the topic on the list - the CLI is a great feature!

Maybe the Forrest guys are interested in more flexibility? I heard
that they would like to move some functionality from Ant to Cocoon.

> (FYI, I've certainly had the cocoon: protocol working on sites I've got).

OK, good to know :)

Thanks for your help!

Andreas

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Andreas,

> I'm running the Main class of Cocoon 2.0.4 from an Ant buildfile
> on Windows XP.

I'd suggest trying the CLI from 2.1. It has much greater functionality.

And, when I've summoned up the guts to make my first commit, it'll handle broken
links much better and be more configurable as to what you can do with a page once
you've generated it.

If you're interested in this, let me know and I'll tell you when I've committed it. I'd
appreciate some help testing it!

(FYI, I've certainly had the cocoon: protocol working on sites I've got).

Regards, Upayavira