Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pawel Rog <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/08 21:57:25 UTC

Edismax parser and boosts

Hi,
I use edismax query with q parameter set as below:

q=foo^1.0+AND+bar

For such a query for the same document I see different (lower) scoring
value than for

q=foo+AND+bar

By default boost of term is 1 as far as i know so why the scoring differs?

When I check debugQuery parameter in parsedQuery for "foo^1.0+AND+bar" I
see Boolean query which one of clauses is a phrase query "foo 1.0 bar". It
seems that edismax parser takes whole q parameter as a phrase without
removing boost value and add it as a boolean clause. Is it a bug or it
should work like that?

--
Paweł Róg

Re: Edismax parser and boosts

Posted by Pawel Rog <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thank you for your response.
I checked it in Solr 4.8 but I think this works as I described from very
long time. I'm not 100% sure if it is really bug or not. When I run phrase
query like "foo^1.0 bar" this works very similarto what happens in edismax
with set *pf* parameter (boost part is not removed).

--
Paweł Róg

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.