Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sridharan S <s....@gmail.com> on 2006/07/12 19:13:22 UTC

Internationalization support in Jackrabbit

Does Jackrabbit support Internationalization? If so how do I configure
to support this.

e.g. I need to create an item (node) in a specific language (say
Japanese) in the repository. How do I achieve this?

Re: Internationalization support in Jackrabbit

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
thats probably a minor encoding bug in the display servlet. you can
open a bug if you want someone to take a look at it.

regards, toby

On 7/13/06, Shanmugam Gopal <ha...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a node in Chinese Language.
> I have a JSP page in my application which gets the node name from user and
> creates a node in Jackrabbit repository. I am using Jackrabbit1.0.1
> distribution.
>
> Suppose the user enters the node name in Chinese language, the node got
> created in repository.
> But when we browse the repostiory it displays the folder in different name.
> (It is not similar to what we have entered in the UI).
>
> I am accessing the repository content from browser by using the jackrabbit
> web application
> (http://localhost:8080/jack101/repository/default).
>
> Regards,
> Shan
>
> >From: "Martin Perez" <mp...@gmail.com>
> >To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
> >Subject: Re: Internationalization support in Jackrabbit
> >Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:16:24 +0200
> >
> >Hi.
> >
> >Yes, it does.
> >
> >The content in Jackrabbit is indexed as binary streams so that shouldn't be
> >a problem. If you want to provide also search features then you would have
> >to implement your own Lucene Analyzer and plug that analyzer into the
> >search
> >index section on the repository.xml configuration file.
> >
> >Martin
> >
> >On 7/12/06, Sridharan S <s....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>Does Jackrabbit support Internationalization? If so how do I configure
> >>to support this.
> >>
> >>e.g. I need to create an item (node) in a specific language (say
> >>Japanese) in the repository. How do I achieve this?

> Sexy, sultry, sensuous. - see why Bipasha Basu is all that and more. Try MSN
> Search http://server1.msn.co.in/Profile/bipashabasu.asp

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

Unable to check in file from webdav client to Jackrabbit repository.

Posted by Shanmugam Gopal <ha...@hotmail.com>.
All,

I have deployed jackrabbit web application in Tomcat 5.5 with JDK 1.4.2.
Now I am trying to access the repository from webDAV Client - Dreamweaver
and able to get the repository structure in File Browser(using Manage Site
options).

1. I created a folder in the repository(right click - New Folder...Ex/;
Hello)
2. Checked out this folder to my local machine (right click on folder name -
checkout)
3. Got the same folder in my local machine now.
4. Created a text file in that folder(Ex...Hello.txt)
5. Checked in the folder to the repository
6. Now the repository contains a folder called Hello and a file Hello.txt
inside the folder.
7. Again I checkout the file to my local machine.
8. After making some changes to the file, trying to check in.
9. But while checking the content of the file in repository, it is not a
updated.

Not able to understand the root cause of the problem.
While adding the file for the first time it works fine. But check-out then
check-in is not working.

Note:

When I put some log messages in SimpleWebDAVServlet, AbstractWebDAVServlet
and other files,
even i am not able to add any new folers/files to the repository.

I am getting message in Dreamweaver like

" An HTTP error occurred - cannot put Hello.txt.  Access Denied.  The file
may not exist, or there could be a permission problem."

May I know in which version of Tomcat/JDK the Jackrabbit webapplication is
compiled and tested ?

Will there be any problem because of using different JDK/Tomcat versions ??

Any help on this issure is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shan
Shan

Posted by Shanmugam Gopal <ha...@hotmail.com>.