Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Wolfgang Taferner <h9...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2007/05/26 14:47:27 UTC

nutch-site.xml vs. nutch-default.xml

Hi,

Nutch: 0.9

OS: Windows XP Pro SP2

Java: jre1.6.0_01

Lucene: 2.1.0

Apache Tomcat: 6.0.13

Cygwin: 1.5.24-2

I got a problem concerning the configuration of the Web GUI.

When I got it right, the properties of nutch-site.xml overwrites the
properties of nutch-default.xml.

Problem:

When I tried to configure dir.searcher property within the nutch-site.xml
the Webapp does not find anything, although I restarted Tomcat to
reconfigure.

Solution:

In the end I changed the dir.searcher property in the nutch-default.xml and
the problem was solved.

Rebuilding the problem:

I'm not sure what the error caused because testing it afterwards it was
possible to use nutch-site.xml in the normal way (I'm pretty sure, that the
path was always right)

If anyone know the answer, I would be grateful. Otherwise, thanks to the
developers for their efforts.

Best regards,

Wolfgang