Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tommy Chheng <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/30 19:54:39 UTC

connection refused using nexus

I just setup a Nexus maven repo to host thirdparty jar files. I'm able to
deploy to the server using mvn deploy:deploy-file but I get a connection
refused when I try to mvn compile my project.

Downloading:
https://XXXX/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpclient/maven-metadata.xml
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata
org.apache.httpcomponents:httpclient/maven-metadata.xml from/to thirdparty (
https://XXXX/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty): Error transferring
file: Connection refused
Downloading:
https://XXXX/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty/javax/mail/mail/maven-metadata.xml
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata javax.mail:mail/maven-metadata.xml
from/to thirdparty (https://XXXX/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty):
Error transferring file: Connection refused
Downloading:
https://XXXX/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty/net/sf/lamejb/0.2.0/lamejb-0.2.0.pom

Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactTransferException: Could not
transfer artifact net.sf:lamejb:pom:0.2.0 from/to thirdparty (
https://XXXX/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty): Error transferring
file: Connection refused
    at
org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector$4.wrap(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:949)
    at
org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector$4.wrap(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:940)
    at
org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector$GetTask.flush(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:695)
    at
org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector$GetTask.flush(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:689)
    at
org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector.get(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:445)
    at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:460)
    ... 31 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Error
transferring file: Connection refused

In my ~/.m2/settings.xml, i have the settings:
 <servers>
   <server>
     <id>thirdparty</id>
     <username>tommy</username>
     <password>XXXX</password>
   </server>
  </servers>

In my pom.xml:
  <repositories>
      <repository>
          <id>thirdparty</id>
          <url>https://XXXX/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty</url>
      </repository>
      <repository>
          <id>apache</id>
          <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases
</url>
      </repository>
   </repositories>

--
@tommychheng
http://tommy.chheng.com

Re: connection refused using nexus

Posted by Tommy Chheng <to...@gmail.com>.
Disregard this message, I found the problem. I accidentally used https when
I only setup http on the server.

--
@tommychheng
http://tommy.chheng.com