Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marcos Silva Pereira <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/07 20:28:13 UTC

Plugins' dependencies are not found in internal repository.

Hello, I have deploy some proprietary (and Sun's jars) to my internal
repository, but when I try to use these artifacts like a dependency to a
plugin, Maven cannot find them:

<plugins>
    <plugin>
        <executions>
            <execution>
                <id>antrun-attendance-package</id>
                <phase>test</phase>
                <goals>
                    <goal>run</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                    <tasks>
                        <ant antfile="build.xml">
                            <target name="generate.clients" />
                        </ant>
                    </tasks>
                </configuration>
            </execution>
        </executions>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
                <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
                <version>1.5.0.09</version>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
    </plugin>
</plugins>

When this plugins is actived, I get the following message:

1) com.sun:tools:jar:1.5.0.09

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.sun -DartifactId=tools \
          -Dversion=1.5.0.09 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:maven-plugin:1.1
        2) com.sun:tools:jar:1.5.0.09

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:maven-plugin:1.1

from the specified remote repositories:
  snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

But I have my internal repository configured in
/local/repository/settings.xml.

<profiles>
    <profile>
        <id>provider-profile</id>
        <repositories>
            <repository>
                <id>provider-repository</id>
                <name>Repositorio de libs interno da Provider
Sistemas</name>
                <url>http://192.168.10.254/maven</url>
            </repository>
        </repositories>
    </profile>
</profiles>

Did I have missed some point?

Kind Regards,

--
Marcos Silva Pereira
recife - pe

Re: Plugins' dependencies are not found in internal repository.

Posted by Marcos Silva Pereira <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thierry, is, I have a profile configured, as you can see in the end of my
first message. But that configuration was wrong, as least for plugins. I
must to declare a pluginRepository too, like the following:

<pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
        <id>provider-repository</id>
        <name>Repositorio de libs interno da Provider Sistemas</name>
        <url>http://192.168.10.254/maven</url>
    </pluginRepository>
</pluginRepositories>

Thanks to David Jackman by the answer.