Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Sam Lalani <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/15 14:21:41 UTC

NB16 - java.lang.RuntimeException: Uncompilable code

I am running NB16 in Windows 10.  I have a Java program that is giving this
error:

       Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.RuntimeException:
Uncompilable code

However, the same code in NB15 has no problems.

This issue shows up only when I "Clean and Build" in NB16 "AND" run it in
NB16.

If I "Clean and Build" in NB15 and run it in NB15 then no problem.
If I "Clean and Build" in NB15 and run it in NB16 then no problem.
If I "Clean and Build" in NB16 and run the program using the command prompt
then no problem.
If I "Clean and Build" in NB16 and run it in NB16 then it shows the error.

The program is fairly large, and I don't think I can provide the source code
due to company policies.

Here is some info about my system from the NB16 About page:

Product Version: Apache NetBeans IDE 16
Java: 17; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 17+35-2724
Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17+35-2724
System: Windows 10 version 10.0 running on amd64; Cp1252; en_US (nb) User
directory: C:\Users\samla\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\16
Cache directory: C:\Users\samla\AppData\Local\NetBeans\Cache\16

What else can I provide that would make it easier to find the problem in
NB16?

Thanks,

Sam Lalani

Re: Re: NB16 - java.lang.RuntimeException: Uncompilable code

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Are there any dependencies projects or libraries in use? Maybe they are built with a newer/older Java compiler which is not compatible (I.e. dependency compiled with newer version not in use with the older version being used).

Can you check the Java Platform to see what’s installed? Can also check Help…About to see some of the versions in use.

I believe NB16 does have a dependency on Java 11 in some contexts

Eric Bresie
Ebresie@gmail.com (mailto:Ebresie@gmail.com)

Posted by Tim de Vries <te...@gmail.com>.
I've use JUnit 4 && 5 and both worked correctly, when properly specified.

Tim

Posted by Gheorghe TUDOSE <tu...@gmail.com>.
Hi and thanks

Posted by Tim de Vries <te...@gmail.com>.
It's based upon "java" and "javac" platform executables, for your
version, so if there's a problem, it's with the actual JDK/JRE provider,
possibly for multiple versions.

Tim

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gheorghe TUDOSE <tu...@gmail.com>.