Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Shah, Rahul1" <ra...@intel.com> on 2013/02/25 21:33:17 UTC

Format the harddrive

Hi,

I am installing Hadoop on some systems. For this I want to format the hard drive for any previous RAID format or any kind of data. I am facing this problem that when I install Redhat 6.2 on these systems it creates a logical volume on the disk and does not let me create ext4 partitions on them. Any idea how do I format all the disk.

-Rahul

Re: Format the harddrive

Posted by Jeffrey Buell <jb...@vmware.com>.
What make and model are these machines? What is the storage controller? You may need to go into the storage configuration tool during hardware boot and look at how the controller has configured the disks. Maybe they need to be activated. Or delete all the "virtual disks" and start over. On HP machines you can use the command-line tool "hpacucli" to do this. Other vendors probably have similar tools.

Posted by Jeffrey Buell <jb...@vmware.com>.

Re: Format the harddrive

Posted by Jeffrey Buell <jb...@vmware.com>.

Re: Format the harddrive