Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Pezhman Lali <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/13 13:52:14 UTC

$from and $to

Hi
  which variables in spamd, contained "from" and "to"  of the processed mail?
  if nothing,
  how can I add this variables?

  Best
  Pezhman

---------------------------------

Re: $from and $to

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
Pezhman Lali wrote:
> Hi
> which variables in spamd, contained "from" and "to"  of the processed
> mail?
> if nothing,
> how can I add this variables?

Which "from" and "to" are you referring to? The ones in the message
body, or the actual ones from the envelope (ie: RCPT TO: and MAIL FROM
commands)?

If the envelope, SA doesn't have them. It might be able to guess from
the headers, but it doesn't know for sure.

Next, I'm assuming that since you're asking about variables, you're
modifying the code. Take a look around for the "all_from_addrs" and
"all_to_addrs" subroutines in the evaltests section. That should get you
a list of all the from/to addrs SA was able to deduce from the headers.

However, DO NOT under ANY condition, attempt to perform message delivery
based on the above information. You will not get the desired results for
any message that has been remailed (ie: a mailing list).