Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Mark Hahn <ma...@reevuit.com> on 2013/08/22 19:45:39 UTC

db refuses connections

This is the third post on this subject.  I've gotten no response the last
two posts.

My db server quits responding every day or so.  I get a connection refused.
 It isn't my app because monitor (monit) and futon both report the db is
dead.  The log in debug mode shows nothing.  The last line is fine.  It
just goes blank.

I'm running couch version 1.3.0 on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS server.  The server
is under a very light load, idle for hours at a time.

I need to know how to debug this problem.  Can someone suggest a monitoring
log tool that will show internal couchdb stats, like memory usage and
networking health?

Re: db refuses connections

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

This is a user@ question, not dev@. Also, I can only find one email
from this address and my user@ archive goes back aways, did you send
from another address previously?

I've tried twice to reply through apache.org and it's failed, so
perhaps that explains your difficulty in sending also. This one will
hopefully arrive...

B.