Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Robert Leftwich <ro...@leftwich.info> on 2002/08/14 01:48:38 UTC

Stores summary - newbie question

I'm looking at Slide for use as a persistence mechanism (mainly for XML
documents) and was wondering if there is a summary of the available stores
and what capabilities they have? In particular I am interested in the
file-system store and its transaction/versioning capabilities. The plan is
to  hook the Slide store up to Cocoon and looking at the archives it
appears a couple of people have done this in the past, which raises another
question - is Cocoon integration an ongoing/permanent thing or just a
peripheral 'nice-to-have' ?

TIA

Robert

Re: Stores summary - newbie question

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Robert Leftwich wrote:

> I'm looking at Slide for use as a persistence mechanism (mainly for XML
> documents) and was wondering if there is a summary of the available stores

> find src/stores/ -name "*Store.java"
src/stores/org/apache/slide/store/impl/rdbms/JDBCContentStore.java
src/stores/org/apache/slide/store/impl/rdbms/JDBCDescriptorsStore.java
src/stores/org/apache/slide/store/impl/rdbms/J2EEContentStore.java
src/stores/org/apache/slide/store/impl/rdbms/J2EEDescriptorsStore.java
src/stores/org/apache/slide/store/impl/rdbms/J2EEStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/j2ee/J2EEContentStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/j2ee/J2EEDescriptorsStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/j2ee/J2EEStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/file/XMLFileDescriptorsStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/mysql/MySQLDescriptorsStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/mysql/MySQLContentStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/cloudscape/CloudscapeContentStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/cloudscape/CloudscapeDescriptorsStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/oracle/OracleContentStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/reference/JDBCContentStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/reference/JDBCDescriptorsStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/reference/FileContentStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/reference/DefaultStore.java
src/stores/slidestore/reference/MemoryDescriptorsStore.java

> and what capabilities they have? In particular I am interested in the
> file-system store and its transaction/versioning capabilities. The plan is
> to  hook the Slide store up to Cocoon

One problem is to get the ComponentManager in the Stores, if you
want to get Cocoon context via the SourceResolver.

> and looking at the archives it
> appears a couple of people have done this in the past, which raises another
> question - is Cocoon integration an ongoing/permanent thing or just a
> peripheral 'nice-to-have' ?

I think my efforts will be more a 'nice-to-have' feature for Cocoon :-|

Stephan Michels.