Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tbt <na...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/01 06:46:27 UTC

Page Expire

Hi

I'm a newbie to tomcat and I would like to increase the time duration that a
page expires if it remains idle.
Currently in my web application if a user remains idle for 20 minutes and
tries to use the application again a default page is shown to the user
stating that the page expired. How can I increase the time duration in which
a page should expire after remaining idle.

Thanks

Re: Page Expire

Posted by Peng Tuck Kwok <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can configure the manager element inside a context element to specify a
longer duration before it expires. The manager element in a context is not
compulsory, so you might have to add it in for your web application.
Instructions are here (for the manager):

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/manager.html

and a wee bit more for the context:

Kind regards,

Peng Tuck.