Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/25 07:50:25 UTC

nexusUrl checked even skipRemoteStaging specified to true

Hi,

I don't know if it's a Maven issue or INFRA issue or plugin issue (as I saw
the related part is written by the current Maven PMC chair, I posted it
here).

The question is, when I stage a package for multiple platforms, I use a
local staging flavor that  specifies -DskipRemoteStaging=true. It works
well in my personal repo[1], but failed when I try it on the
apache/incubator-opendal repo[2].

The log complains strangely that "Mandatory plugin parameter 'nexusUrl' is
missing" while I do skip the remote staging phase.

I'll appreciate if you can take a look.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://github.com/tisonkun/ci-opendal/actions/runs/5107624733/workflow
[2]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-opendal/actions/runs/5368618052/jobs/9739424356?pr=2525

Re: nexusUrl checked even skipRemoteStaging specified to true

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
All works now.

Removed INFRA from cc.

I'd like to ask the Maven developers that if the sonatype plugin is
deprecated, is there some alternatives in the community? `mvn deploy` seems
limited or hard to use (works well for pure java project, I agree) at least
I don't know how to release multi classifier projects and how to merge
staging artifacts.

Best,
tison.

tison <wa...@gmail.com> 于2023年6月25日周日 18:52写道:

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
All works now.

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Hm,

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Hm,

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
And I remember that when I add the nexusUrl just as suggested above, the
action run failed with 403:

Failed to execute goal
org.sonatype.plugins:nexus-staging-maven-plugin:1.6.13:deploy (default-cli)
on project opendal-java: Execution default-cli of goal
org.sonatype.plugins:nexus-staging-maven-plugin:1.6.13:deploy failed: 403 -
Forbidden

tison <wa...@gmail.com>于2023年6月25日 周日16:16写道:

> Thanks for your information!
>
> Then I can I achieve the similar target? I need to build staging artifacts
> in different platforms and then merge it and deploy.
>
> Best,
> tison.
>

> Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net> 于2023年6月25日周日 16:13写道:
>
>> For RAO it is https://repository.apache.org/
>>
>> But using this plugin is really not recommended, even Sonatype abandoned
>> it.
>>
>> Hth
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 25, 2023, 10:11 tison <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > After restore the action, it fails now. May I ask what is the proper
>> > nexusUrl for apache snapshot?
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > tison.
>> >

>> > tison <wa...@gmail.com> 于2023年6月25日周日 15:51写道:

>> https://github.com/sonatype/nexus-maven-plugins/blame/d36fd861662d566071390ff75dae79846f46901c/staging/maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/sonatype/nexus/maven/staging/remote/Parameters.java#L95

>> (as I
>> > posted it

>> use a
>> works

>> 'nexusUrl'

>> https://github.com/tisonkun/ci-opendal/actions/runs/5107624733/workflow
>> > >>

>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-opendal/actions/runs/5368618052/jobs/9739424356?pr=2525
>> > >>

> --
Best,
tison.

Re: nexusUrl checked even skipRemoteStaging specified to true

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
And I remember that when I add the nexusUrl just as suggested above, the
action run failed with 403:

Failed to execute goal
org.sonatype.plugins:nexus-staging-maven-plugin:1.6.13:deploy (default-cli)
on project opendal-java: Execution default-cli of goal
org.sonatype.plugins:nexus-staging-maven-plugin:1.6.13:deploy failed: 403 -
Forbidden

tison <wa...@gmail.com>于2023年6月25日 周日16:16写道:

> Thanks for your information!
>
> Then I can I achieve the similar target? I need to build staging artifacts
> in different platforms and then merge it and deploy.
>
> Best,
> tison.
>

> Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net> 于2023年6月25日周日 16:13写道:
>
>> For RAO it is https://repository.apache.org/
>>
>> But using this plugin is really not recommended, even Sonatype abandoned
>> it.
>>
>> Hth
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 25, 2023, 10:11 tison <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > After restore the action, it fails now. May I ask what is the proper
>> > nexusUrl for apache snapshot?
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > tison.
>> >

>> > tison <wa...@gmail.com> 于2023年6月25日周日 15:51写道:

>> https://github.com/sonatype/nexus-maven-plugins/blame/d36fd861662d566071390ff75dae79846f46901c/staging/maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/sonatype/nexus/maven/staging/remote/Parameters.java#L95

>> (as I
>> > posted it

>> use a
>> works

>> 'nexusUrl'

>> https://github.com/tisonkun/ci-opendal/actions/runs/5107624733/workflow
>> > >>

>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-opendal/actions/runs/5368618052/jobs/9739424356?pr=2525
>> > >>

> --
Best,
tison.

Re: nexusUrl checked even skipRemoteStaging specified to true

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.