Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sneha Chaturvedi <sn...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/26 08:08:35 UTC

Contact Us link not working in ecommerce

Hello all,

I visited http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/

Created a new profile
Went to contact us

but when i send the content I am getting error for permission.
so i think no permission is set for the user profile created through ecommerce. I think some implementation is missing in create profile section.
It shows me the error :

Security Error: To run createCommunicationEventRole you must have the one of the following permissions: PARTYMGR_UPDATE, PARTYMGR_ADMIN, PARTYMGR_CME_UPDATE, PARTYMGR_CME_ADMIN]

What should be done in this case.

Thanks in advance
--
Sneha

Re: Contact Us link not working in ecommerce

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Did you try to remove the checking service in service definition ? It should work then. Hans has added what is needed for that (see
my previous post).
Unfortunatly the service definition has this checking service which prevent Hans's hack to work. That's why I did not take any
decisions since my 1st post. Because I hope Hans to have a look, as I guess he is needing that ;o)

Jacques

From: "Chirag Manocha" <ma...@gmail.com>

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques
I am also facing the same problem.
Will you please be more specific about it.

Thanks in advance Jacques

--
Chirag Manocha

Re: Contact Us link not working in ecommerce

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
FYI

I followed the method chain until I realised that an SECA used the System
user with its login. But I had a System User without login, so I created it
and everything worked fine.

:)

Re: Contact Us link not working in ecommerce

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
Yes I will go through it, first I thought its the same error, but its just a
service error, that it retries it...with another reason.

So maybe it was caused by my previous modifications...

Re: Contact Us link not working in ecommerce

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I thought the same: the partyId must be missing at this point. No ideas why, check your code maybe?

Jacques

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
hey guys,

i got the same problem with order confirmation email. The Email is send to
the customer, but multiple times.

the error is:
/944826 [default-invoker-Thread-15] ERROR
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher -
---- exception report
Could not commit transaction for service [sendOrderConfirmation] call
Exception: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException
Message: Roll back error, could not commit transaction, was rolled back
instead because of: Failure in findOne operation for entity [PartyRole]:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException: [GenericDelegator.findOne] Passed
primary key is not a valid primary key:
[GenericEntity:PartyRole][roleTypeId,OWNER(java.lang.String)]. Rolling back
transaction.org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException:
[GenericDelegator.findOne] Passed primary key is not a valid primary key:
[GenericEntity:PartyRole][roleTypeId,OWNER(java.lang.String)]
([GenericDelegator.findOne] Passed primary key is not a valid primary key:
[GenericEntity:PartyRole][roleTypeId,OWNER(java.lang.String)])
---- cause
Exception: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException
primary key: [GenericEntity:PartyRole][roleTypeId,OWNER(java.lang.String)]
/

my "CommunicationEventServices.xml" looks completely same as:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk/applications/party/script/org/ofbiz/party/communication/CommunicationEventServices.xml

do any one have the same problem and / or an idea?

greetings robert

Re: Contact Us link not working in ecommerce

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if you look in the commit mailing list for 699636
you will get the patch.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ofbiz-commits/

Calum Miller sent the following on 11/19/2008 3:04 PM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Jacques

From: "Calum Miller" <ca...@yahoo.com>

Posted by Calum Miller <ca...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Fixed in revision: 699636

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Sumit,

From: "Sumit Pandit" <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Ritesh Trivedi" <ri...@gmail.com>

Posted by Ritesh Trivedi <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Sumit,

Sorry for the delay, I was not nuch available these last days. I would suggest to
1. Introduce a service interface definition same than createCommunicationEventRole but without the permission check, description
would be "Create a Communication Event Role with or w/o permission check."
2.  To use it in createCommunicationEventRole adding the permission check.
3. To create a new service definition (say createCommunicationEventRoleWithoutPermissionCheck) with same interface, same
implementation (location="org/ofbiz/party/communication/CommunicationEventServices.xml" invoke="createCommunicationEventRole") but

From: "Sumit Pandit" <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Jacques, Hans

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
There is a contradiction between definition where

partyCommunicationEventPermissionCheck" main-action="UPDATE"/> is used

<service name="createCommunicationEventRole" engine="simple"
        location="org/ofbiz/party/communication/CommunicationEventServices.xml" invoke="createCommunicationEventRole" auth="true">

From: "Sneha Chaturvedi" <sn...@yahoo.com>