Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sunil Dhage <su...@coreobjects.com> on 2009/12/03 11:53:59 UTC

Datastore problem

Hi,

I have a problem regarding large binary files, which need to be versioned.

Because the nodes which hold the above said binary files, they were getting stored both at workspace and versions.

After reading enough documentation, I could understand like i am missing datastore in my repository.xml, which will be used to
store files exceeding "minRecordLength" size and only references will be stored at workspace and versionspace.

Then I have added datastore to my repository.xml.  Please find the repository.xml attached.

But the problem is now all of my binary files i.e. photos,documents are getting stored at all the three locations.
1. Datastore
2. Workspaces,
3. Versions.
Please find the screen shot depicting the above scenario

Can you please let me know how to make only references get stored in workspaces and versions.
I am sure there might be some parameter which will govern when to store the content and when to store the reference of the file, which got stored at datastore.

Awaiting your response.

/Sunil Dhage

Re: Datastore problem

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:53, Sunil Dhage <su...@coreobjects.com> wrote:
> I have a problem regarding large binary files, which need to be versioned.
>
> Because the nodes which hold the above said binary files, they were getting stored both at workspace and versions.
>
> After reading enough documentation, I could understand like i am missing datastore in my repository.xml, which will be used to
> store files exceeding "minRecordLength" size and only references will be stored at workspace and versionspace.
>
> Then I have added datastore to my repository.xml.  Please find the repository.xml attached.
>
> But the problem is now all of my binary files i.e. photos,documents are getting stored at all the three locations.
> 1. Datastore
> 2. Workspaces,
> 3. Versions.

>From looking at the repository.xml you provided, I see that you are
using the xml persistence manager (for both workspaces and the
versions). AFAIK it doesn't cope with the datastore at all. It is very
old and only for debugging purposes, because it is not safe.

I strongly recommend you switch to a bundle persistence manager, eg.
the DerbyPersistenceManager or the H2PersistenceManager which are both
embedded and thus don't require any additional db setup or
configuration.

See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ

Note that you will have to set up the repository from scratch. If you
just remove the xml pm files, but keep the workspace directories incl.
the workspace.xml files, you will have to change the persistence
manager config in those too.

Regards,
Alex

--