Posted to builds@apache.org by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org> on 2012/09/27 12:51:53 UTC

Cleanup of Lucene/Solr Jenkins Javadocs dirs

Hi,

We have 4 Jenkins Jobs creating Javadocs and other documentation for Lucene and Solr (4.x and trunk versions). We recently changed the layout of the directory structure completely, but when archiving Javadocs, Jenkins does not delete the whole directory before archiving, so lots of documents (duplicates because of changed layout, outdated classes) still exist at their old location. Also for Solr, Jenkins should show "Documentation" not "Javadocs" in the Jenkins Job page (which is caused by some autodetection inside Jenkins, and the old files make it thinks it is still in Javadocs format).

Can somebody with write access to the master nuke the javadocs folders for the following Jobs:
https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Artifacts-4.x/
https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Artifacts-trunk/
https://builds.apache.org/job/Solr-Artifacts-4.x/
https://builds.apache.org/job/Solr-Artifacts-trunk/

The next builds will repopulate them, so nothing is lost. I did not find any solution to do this with Jenkins GUI (it is a well-known bug).

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschindler@apache.org
Apache Lucene PMC Member / Committer
Bremen, Germany
http://lucene.apache.org/

RE: Cleanup of Lucene/Solr Jenkins Javadocs dirs

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for doing this. The 4 Jobs are already rebuilt and the docs looks fine, the link on the job page is now titled "Documentation".

About the well-known bug: The problem with Jenkins not cleaning up the archive folder seems to be well known, a lot of issues are referring to this, but I don't know the official issue number. If I have time to do it, I can search for the issue or create a new one.

But in any case: Thank you very much!

Uwe

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,