Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk> on 2003/06/26 13:24:04 UTC

spurious (?) xmlns="" added by transform

I'm creating xhtml pages from a transform. For some reason, which I
can't fathom, I'm getting spurious xmlns="" appearing on some
elements. xsltproc does not do this. Is this a known problem, or
should I raise a bug (with attachments to reproduce)?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: spurious (?) xmlns="" added by transform

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

Hi Colin,

Before you assume it's a bug, you might want to post a small small
stylesheet and input document that reproduce the problem.  This usually
happens because you copy elements that are not in any namespace, and some
parent element has the default namespace.  It can also happen because of
literal result elements in the stylesheet.

Dave

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Colin Paul Adams|
|         |           <colin@colina.de|
|         |           mon.co.uk>      |
|         |           06/26/2003 04:24|
|         |           AM              |
  |        To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org                                                                    |
  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)                                                            |
  |        Subject: spurious (?) xmlns="" added by transform                                                        |