Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by 景涛 <84...@qq.com> on 2016/05/13 08:21:26 UTC

phoenix : timeouts for long queries

When I query from a very big table
It get errors as follow:
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException: org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException: Failed after attempts=36, exceptions:

Fri May 13 16:15:29 CST 2016, null, java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000, callDuration=60307: row '' on table 'IC_WHOLESALE_PRICE' at region=IC_WHOLESALE_PRICE,,1463121082822.e7e7cbd63c1831df75aee8842df5c7f6., hostname=hadoop09,60020,1463119404385, seqNum=2

        at sqlline.IncrementalRows.hasNext(IncrementalRows.java:73)

        at sqlline.TableOutputFormat.print(TableOutputFormat.java:33)

        at sqlline.SqlLine.print(SqlLine.java:1653)

        at sqlline.Commands.execute(Commands.java:833)

        at sqlline.Commands.sql(Commands.java:732)

        at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:808)

        at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:681)

        at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:398)

        at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:292)

Is this a client-side timeout, or do I need to change something
HBase-related on the server and restart the cluster? On master, or all
region servers?

Re: Storage benefits of ARRAY types

Posted by Sergey Soldatov <se...@gmail.com>.
HI Sumanta,
It's obvious. If it's fixed length, serialized values are stored one by
one. If data type has variable length, than a special separator is inserted
between values.

Thanks,
Sergey

Posted by Sumanta Gh <su...@tcs.com>.
Hi,

Re: phoenix : timeouts for long queries

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.
You can try increasing phoenix.query.timeoutMs (and
hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period) on the client .
https://phoenix.apache.org/tuning.html