Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/03 21:47:34 UTC

Re: Run multiple web applications in Tomcat each as an independent windows service question

I suggest you have a look at Tomcat's Manager-App. It doesn'tuse
Windows-services but offers the possibility to start / stop a web-app,
and I guess that's what you want:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html

rgds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2

RE: Run multiple web applications in Tomcat each as an independent windows service question

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Joe Wallace [mailto:joew@andar360.com]
> Subject: Re: Run multiple web applications in Tomcat each as
> an independent windows service question

> I have two applications in Tomcat and I want to run
> each as its own windows service.

Then you would have to run each webapp in its own instance of Tomcat.  A Windows service is just a program, and for this purpose that program is Tomcat, regardless of the number of webapps deployed.

> I want to be able to stop App1 without stopping App 2.

As Gregor pointed out, use Tomcat's built-in manager app, or run two separate Tomcats.

> I have been doing this with Jrun with multiple web apps
> each running as an independent windows service

Then you were actually running multiple copies of JRun.

 - Chuck