Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2007/03/28 22:27:52 UTC

Re: maven-jdee-plugin for emacs users

James,

This is definitely something that would be better put in the maven
repository as an eventual official Maven plugin.   My suggestion would
be to create a new directory in the maven plugins sandbox: (all apache
committers have access)
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/trunk/plugins/
and work on it there.   Obviously use the proper maven plugin parent poms
and style guides and stuff instead of the CXF ones.  (and make it JDK
1.4 compliant)

To answer your generated sources question:
The buildSourceRoots would have them if your plugin executes after
whatever phase adds those.    Thus, if you run:
mvn process-test-sources jdee:jdee
it should pick up all the generated source directories.   That said, you
could look into the eclipse plugin a bit.   It actually invokes the
lifecycle up to the process-sources phase so it would get the generated
sources.   It wouldn't get generated tests though which is why use the
setup.eclipse profile that forces it to run in the process-test-sources
phase instead.

Anyway, nice job.

Dan

--