Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> on 2022/02/23 15:44:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] Weekly build and prepare for releasing 1.0

Hi All,
At present, the main features of version 1.0 are in the final stage of development. Stability and bug fixing work will be carried out later.
We are currently encountering some problems:
1. some features that have not been fully validated have been merged in, affecting the testing of existing features, resulting in problems that have not been converged.
2. have been unable to maintain a stable baseline version, resulting in uncontrollable release cycle.

In response, I will take the following steps to ensure that the problem is converged and manageable.

1. PR tagging
    All PRs must be labeled with the following tags.
    For example, dev-1.0.0 for the first week and dev-1.0.1 for the second week.
    After the branch is created, the branch will only selectively merge in PRs tagged with "dev/1.0.0".
    All subsequent PRs must be labeled as follows.
        - dev/1.0.0: Indicates that this PR needs to be merged into the dev-1.0.0 branch.
        - dev/backlog: Indicates that the PR is not to be merged into any dev branch at this time.
    When a PR labeled with "dev/backlog" is explicitly to be merged into a dev branch, remove the "dev/backlog" label and add the dev label of the corresponding branch.

2. PR merge principle
    After a PR Approve, it should, in principle, stay at least one day before it is merged in, so that other reviewers can make possible confirmation.
    If you need to merge quickly, please comment in the PR to explain the reason.
    All PRs must have a clear dev label before merging in.

The final Release version will be generated from the dev branch.
I will follow up and push for this to happen, if others would like to participate in this effort, or have suggestions or comments, please feel free to discuss.

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

Re:[DISCUSS] Weekly build and prepare for releasing 1.0

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
And I have created the first branch dev-1.0.0[1], which is up to the commit #0726a43
and create 2 new labels: dev/1.0.0 and dev/1.0.1

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/tree/dev-1.0.0

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

Posted by 王博 <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

寒江雪 <ya...@gmail.com> 于2022年2月24日周四 11:41写道:

--
王博  Wang Bo

Re: [DISCUSS] Weekly build and prepare for releasing 1.0

Posted by 寒江雪 <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

回复:[DISCUSS] Weekly build and prepare for releasing 1.0

Posted by luzhijing <54...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Hi all:
The current dev-1.0.0 branch has passed regression testing.

Currently remaining PRs and Issues to be merged:

* https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/labels/dev%2F1.0.0
The new branch dev-1.0.1 will be created.
And the labels for dev/1.0.0 and dev/merged-1.0.0 will no longer be used, use dev/1.0.1 and dev/merged-1.0.1 instead
All backlog commits can be found here:
* https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Adev%2Fbacklog
Some of them will be cherry-picked into branch dev-1.0.1

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

>>> chenmingyu@apache.org

Re:Re: [DISCUSS] Weekly build and prepare for releasing 1.0

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.

Posted by ling miao <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by 41108453 <41...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1