Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ba...@fastmobile.com on 2006/08/02 21:05:55 UTC

XML-RPC client - getting build state by BuildId/BuildDefinition

I tried playing with the java XML-RPC client for continuum, and had a couple questions.

- For a given project, I would like to query the state of the most recent build for each build definition. Is this possible?
- For a given project, what is contained in the list returned by project.getBuildResults() ? I always seem to get an empty list returned.
- For the ProjectsReader, is the only way to get refreshProject() to work by giving it a project with its ID set? Or are there other members that could be set instead? I tried setting group/artifactId, which I figured would be unique, but I got a NPE instead.
- Are javadocs published online anywhere for the XML-RPC client, let alone the rest of continuum? I had trouble finding them.

The reason I'm interested in this is because if you have a project with multiple build definitions, continuum doesn't handle the notifications too well. If one definition constantly results in a successful build, and the other in a failed/error build, you will continously get notifications of "build success" and "build failure" since the build state is constantly switching. It would be nice to be able to group a number of build definitions together as a 'single build' for the purpose of build state. Until that's possible, I was hoping to grab the right information and come to the proper conclusion using the xml-rpc client if possible.

Thanks,
Baron

RE: XML-RPC client - getting build state by BuildId/BuildDefinition

Posted by Ba...@fastmobile.com.
I'm using continuum 1.0.3, and also the continuum-rpc-client v1.0.3.

Sorry for not including that originally.

Also, I noticed that project.getState() will return the state that shows on the Continuum Projects page, which, has a bug and isn't always correct.

Thanks,
Baron

what version of continuum are you using?
XML-RPC has more in SVN that in 1.0.3

I have not yet updated the ProjectsReader to reflect, however.

Andy

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.