Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Karim Sonbol <ks...@ku.edu.tr> on 2019/03/26 18:15:04 UTC

Ratis Features

Dear Ratis team,

I would like to know if all of Raft features are implemented in Ratis 0.2.0
release, specifically log replication, leader election, live membership
changes (configuration management), and log compaction (snapshots). Also, I
would like to be added to the Slack channel if possible since I will be
extending Ratis for my research.

Thank you very much,
Karim Sonbol

Re: Ratis Features

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <jn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karim,
  Thanks for your interest in Apache Ratis. I have added you to Slack
channel.
These functionalities have been implemented, but configuration management
and snapshots are not fully tested.
It is expected that there would be more work in these areas as they get
tested and stabilized.
Performance and failure handling are some of the active areas of work
currently. For example, how ratis behaves with faulty network or disks.
Any work in this area would be a great help. If you are interested in
performance or failure handling, let us know we can discuss further.

Thanks
jitendra