Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Michael Martinek <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/18 03:16:20 UTC

Support for large files

I'm wondering if there is any plan to support larger files, and move to
using longs rather than ints for the offsets. In a project, I am at the
crossroads of 1) wait for the change, 2) write the change myself, 3) work
around the file size issue and index smaller sections of the documents (in
1gb increments).

Thanks in advance, and to all for a glorious tool,
Michael

Re: Support for large files

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Comes up periodically: