Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/17 14:33:39 UTC

hackathons so far

Users and developers,

So far the list of hackathons on CCC Europe has taken a serious shape.
Don't forget to check and make sure your personal or company interest
is represented at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CCC+Europe:

h2. hackathon proposals
|| chair || subject || description ||
| Daan/? | automated testing | Improve the quality of releases by
adding more unit and integration tests to our automated test-suites.
Discuss whether the present suites of unit tests and bvt are enough or
we might need more classes of tests (i.e. component level and a
seperation of integration from functional tests) |
| Daan/? | modularization and plug-ability | make cloudstack more
plug-able and maintainable by 3rd party vendors. At the moment several
mudularization efforts are on the way. The UI guys are working on
splitting css, the storare guys are driving towards a better
plug-model for drivers and at a system level work is being done on
better organizing the injection framework. These might be worth
separate hackathons but a measure of communication is no luxury. |
|wido| Review Ceph integration | Further review and improve the Ceph
RBD integration for KVM and also look at Xen |
|Sebastien ? | API Interfaces | (AWS refactor, GCE, OCCI&CIMI
standard): Discuss the state of our interfaces, plans for future,
needs etc. AWS interface might need a refactor, GCE is a new
interface, OCCI is a standard and Isaac Chiang has developed an
interface. We are missing a CIMI interface. |
|Sebastien ? | DOCs | We are having lots of talks about docs, they
have been split in a separate repo, we need to discuss format, release
life cycle, format etc.

|Sebastien /Wido ? | KVM Agent re-factor | There has been
discussions/wishes to re-write the KVM agent in something else than
Java. Review architecture, define a plan, find developers :)

|Sebastien ? | Ecosystem support | The are lots of tools in the cloud
ecosystem, we should talk about docker, ansible, cloud
foundry/bosh…etc.and define a plan to have great cloudstack support in
all of those.

|Abhinandan/Jayapal  | Virtual Router | Hacking various services
running on the virtual router and the services configuration via
management server.

|Kishan Kavala  | Usage | Creating a flexible usage framework so  that
new usage entities could be added easily.

regards,
Daan