Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2002/02/28 11:35:09 UTC

management (RE: RE: project status 'n stuff)

> Why not port the JMX-Stuff to openJMX.

I don't know openJMX....

- can it run within phoenix?
- is the license compatible with APL?
- is stable enough?
- does it provide security?

If so...

> give me a hint where i can help ......

why not have a go at it and do the integration?
(patches are more than welcome!)

- Leo

Re: management (RE: RE: project status 'n stuff)

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:35, Leo Simons wrote:
> > Why not port the JMX-Stuff to openJMX.
>
> I don't know openJMX....
>
> - can it run within phoenix?

We could use their adaptor and if we exposed the MBeanServer to
ServerApplications we could even ruyn their adaptors/connectors as s.sar
files ;)

> - is the license compatible with APL?

IIRC it was basically Apache1.1 with different names - so yes ;)

> - is stable enough?

no idea.

> - does it provide security?

It was a todo last time I checked.