Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2015/07/28 03:34:34 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

Hi all,

The Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release is submitted to your vote (take 2).

This release is the first one of the new monitoring and alerting
solution for Karaf and applications running on it.

Release Notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12332996

Git Tag:
decanter-1.0.0

Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1038/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1 (non binding)

I compiled from tag and tested on karaf 4. Looks all good.

We should improve the readme though to include a set of features and
instructions how to do the first steps.
Currently the user has no idea which features to install for a start and
where kibana is found after install.

Something like this:

feature:install decanter-collector-log decanter-collector-jmx
decanter-appender-elasticsearch elasticsearch kibana

Then check out kibana:
http://localhost:8181/kibana

You should see log messages and jmx monitoring data in the karaf view.

Btw. The new kibana views look great. I will add a cxf message and
metrics view for the next version.

Best regards

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.0.0 release (take 2)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

This vote passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Achim Nierbeck, Jamie Goodyear
+1 (non binding): Christian Schneider

I'm promoting the artifacts on Central, and updating Jira.

I already published the Decanter documentation.

Thanks all for your vote,
Regards
JB

--