Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Andrew Kenna <an...@stamina.com.au> on 2001/05/14 07:42:37 UTC

Apache Mirror List Scrub Update

The following mirror sites have either not been available or have changed
url's without notifying the apache mirror team.
I will leave them in the list for 3 days and then if there is no
correspondence from the Administrators of the sites these will be removed.

http://apache.belnet.be/dist/
http://apache.abordo.com.br/dist/
http://apache.mirror.grmbl.com/dist/
http://linux.scdsb.on.ca/apache/dist/
http://ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de/pub/net/www/apache/dist/
http://apache.bilkent.edu.tr/dist/
http://apache.ficnet.net.tw/dist/

The following mirror sites might like to update the content on their mirror
site

http://apache.cal.montage.ca/dist/
http://www.apache.org.cn/dist/
ftp://ftp-mirror.carrier.kiev.ua/pub/unix/apache/dist/
ftp://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/ftp.apache.org

The administrator of http://apache.dc.luth.se/dist/ might like to clean up
his dist directory as it seems to have versions of apache dating back to
1.3b1

Regards

Andrew Kenna

Please direct all correspondence to mirrors@apache.org for archival purposes
and so the others in the Mirror Maintainers team know whats going on

Re: Apache Mirror List Scrub Update

Posted by Bram Dumolin <br...@grmbl.be>.
re,

Andrew Kenna(andrewk@stamina.com.au)@Mon, May 14, 2001 at 03:42:37PM +1000:
> The following mirror sites have either not been available or have changed
> url's without notifying the apache mirror team.
> I will leave them in the list for 3 days and then if there is no
> correspondence from the Administrators of the sites these will be removed.
>

> http://apache.mirror.grmbl.com/dist/

sorry about that, is fixed :)

--
	 People using html in email should be shot.

An architect fellow named Yoric
Could, when feeling euphoric,
	Display for selection
	Three kinds of erection --
Corinthian, ionic, and doric.

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation.

Re: Apache Mirror List Scrub Update

Posted by Juan Manuel Del Rio <jd...@uniandes.edu.co>.
Dear Andrew,

In order to maintain a better logs of the apache site, we've been created a
virtual host, the new address is http://apache.uniandes.edu.co. The other
one is working too.

Thank you for your help.

Juan Manuel Del Rio

Posted by Marc Roger <ma...@belnet.be>.
Andrew,

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Andrew Kenna wrote:

> The following mirror sites have either not been available or have changed
> url's without notifying the apache mirror team.
> I will leave them in the list for 3 days and then if there is no
> correspondence from the Administrators of the sites these will be removed.
>

> http://apache.belnet.be/dist/

I've just tested and it works for me.

By the way I recommend to point to
ftp://ftp.belnet.be/packages/apache/dist/ or
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/apache/dist/ to download the dist (it always
serves from the local disk, synchronized daily, while apache.belnet.be is
configured as a web proxy)

--
Marc.Roger@belnet.be, BELNET, the National Research Network

Re: Apache Mirror List Scrub Update

Posted by jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>.
is anything happening about providing web mirrors for the
various apache projects ? (ongoing saga/question of several
months now)

e.g httpd.apache.org

we're still mirroring the `main' apache area daily, but from
feedback, a number of users have stopped using the mirror and
get stuff straight from apache.org, since there are no more
local mirrors of the web area and the whole apache mirror scene
has semi-disintegrated at this stage.

on that note, httpd.apache.org is announcing 1.3.19 as the latest
release, while 1.3.20 is actually in the dist area on mirror
sites..

regards,

-jason

RE: Apache Mirror List Scrub Update

Posted by "Bradley M. Handy" <bh...@jack-of-all-trades.net>.
I have created a new Apache mirror FTP site at the address of:
ftp://ftp.jack-of-all-trades.net/www.apache.org/

Brad Handy
--www.jack-of-all-trades.net

Posted by "Bradley M. Handy" <bh...@jack-of-all-trades.net>.