Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robin Lynn Frank <rl...@paradigm-omega.com> on 2004/09/30 18:05:06 UTC

sql/bayes

While I can see the advantage of keeping awl and prefs in a sql
database, I can't see an advantage to keeping bayes data in a sql db.

Can someone point out an advantage?  Would there be any disadvantage in
keeping everything except bayese in sql?

--
Robin Lynn Frank
Director of Operations

Re: sql/bayes

Posted by Robin Lynn Frank <rl...@paradigm-omega.com>.
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:42:59 +0200
Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <su...@dir.dk> wrote:

> On Thursday 30 September 2004 18:05, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
> > While I can see the advantage of keeping awl and prefs in a sql
> > database, I can't see an advantage to keeping bayes data in a sql
> > db.
> >
> > Can someone point out an advantage?  Would there be any disadvantage
> > in keeping everything except bayese in sql?
> You could have two front end servers using the same Bayes backend with
> SQL. This makes autolearning work easily across multiple servers.

An interesting thought.  I'm not sure we'd need it, but I'll remember
it.  The reason I brought this up is because we'd once tested dspam with
mysql and found that mysql seemed more likely to slow down considerably
as disk i/o demands rose.  It appeared to me that berkeleydb was less
touchy that way, though I suspect issues of lock contention might be
greater.

--
Robin Lynn Frank
Director of Operations

Re: sql/bayes

Posted by Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <su...@dir.dk>.
On Thursday 30 September 2004 18:05, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
> While I can see the advantage of keeping awl and prefs in a sql
> database, I can't see an advantage to keeping bayes data in a sql db.
>
> Can someone point out an advantage?  Would there be any disadvantage in
> keeping everything except bayese in sql?
You could have two front end servers using the same Bayes backend with SQL.
This makes autolearning work easily across multiple servers.

--
Regards

Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen

This email was scanned by MailPlus anti-virus at http://www.dir.dk