Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nejm <em...@mms.org> on 2010/06/15 04:30:33 UTC

disabling non url match returns

Hi guys, new to tomcat and I'm trying to find the appropriate web.xml tweek
to avoid trailing '/*' mapping to take place.

For example lets say abc.com/current/ is a valid request.

however abc.com/current/xyz should not be.

my Tomcat server is always returning the abc.com/current/<anything trailing>
just as though it was abc.com/current.

How can I return a 404 page not found or similar error instead of the real
xml.

thanks alot!

RE: disabling non url match returns

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: nejm [mailto:emedeiros@mms.org]
> Subject: RE: disabling non url match returns
>
> I'm running the Tomcat V6

What part of "exact version" don't you understand?  6.0.what?

> It looks like my mapping thats catching all requests would
> be the culprit

Correct.

> I imagine if that mapping was removed it may change the
> behavior in other areas?

That's completely up to you - it's your servlet code.

 - Chuck

RE: disabling non url match returns

Posted by nejm <em...@mms.org>.
Chuck,
Thanks for the response. I'm running the Tomcat V6 and the following is my
web.xml:
It looks like my mapping thats catching all requests would be the culprit
although I imagine if that mapping was removed it may change the behavior in
other areas? I'm going to look into these changes and effects now.

Thanks again.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.4"
               xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
      <display-name>MMS EXTERNAL CONTENT SERVER</display-name>
      <!-- Application class name -->
      <context-param>
         <param-name>org.restlet.application</param-name>
         <param-value>
            org.mms.restlet.MainApplication
         </param-value>
      </context-param>

      <!-- Restlet adapter -->
      <servlet>
         <servlet-name>RestletServlet</servlet-name>
         <servlet-class>
            com.noelios.restlet.ext.servlet.ServerServlet
         </servlet-class>
      </servlet>

      <!-- Catch all requests -->
     <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>DefaultNoListing</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
      </servlet-mapping>
   </web-app>

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.