Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Krishnakumar Gurumurthy <kr...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/31 17:38:42 UTC

Apache POI support for Excel Slicer feature

Dear Dev/Committers,

Just curious to know if we have any support for creating slicer on top of pivot table in Excel using Apache POI. If not, please provide us a lead where we can start looking for contribution of the same.

Thanks in advance,
Krishna

Re: Apache POI support for Excel Slicer feature

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Most likely there is no support for this yet, it seems this was a rather
recent addition to Excel, so you best would limit this to the .xlsx/XSSF
file format to avoid having to dig into .xls/HSSF.

First I would look at the spec for the formats which we link at
http://poi.apache.org/guidelines.html#FileFormatInformation, if the feature
is described there it will provide information about which parts of the
XML-structures you can start looking at.

I suggest you start taking a look at compiling POI described on the page
mentioned before and also take a quick look at the spec for this part, then
we can better discuss code-places that are likely affected and how it can
be implemented.

Also let's use the dev-list for further communication on this topics then.

Dominik.