Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by icemanltd <ic...@hotmail.com> on 2017/05/17 14:50:47 UTC

NiFi external library configuration

I was wondering what the best practices are on making third party libraries
(e.g. JDBC driver) and custom processors available to NiFi. I have read of
course that storing them outside the current install is a good practice to
make upgrades easier. This makes a lot of sense but what about storing them
in a NAS location?

One reason for this is we have multiple servers in a cluster and to simplify
the deployment of changes in the external libraries and custom properties
files, it would be nice to have a single location for those resources rather
than copying them to each instance.

Another reason for this question is we have a cluster with 2 Windows VMs
and 1 Linux VM.  The path to the driver jar was entered from a Windows
server as c:\... .

I am going to check next whether that path can be relative to the NiFi
install directory (e.g. something like ../../mylibs/driver.jar)

Re: NiFi external library configuration

Posted by icemanltd <ic...@hotmail.com>.
Update, I think I can solve the problem of referencing the driver jar
location through environment/server specific custom properties file. This
would allow the driver jar location to be specific to the server.

I am still curious though, for resources that are truly shared across
different servers, what the implications of having NiFi loading classes or
properties files from a remote location.