Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/23 00:49:24 UTC

[GENERAL] status of legacy OOo site migration to ooo-site.apache.org

Folks--

I have been doing some cleanup/fixing of  the OOo legacy site as we're
transporting to ooo-site.apache.org.

The legacy site is QUITE large, and because of the more or less single
trunk we have now, much of what I'm doing will no doubt affect your local
repository sizes. So, if you do an update soon, you will definitely notice
this.

Nearly all of the legacy projects sites were incomplete with only one level
of information whereas most contain many sub-directories -- this is what
I'm trying to fix.

Monday and Tues, the following areas were fixed with the following sizes by
directory:

qa: 679M
api: 196M
documentation: 2.3G
dba: 37M
bibliographic: 48M

Hopefully by this coming Sunday, barring an unforeseen issues, I will also
"fix" (update) the following areas:
external: 1.6M
framework: 27M
graphics: 3.3M
gsl: 5.2M
ui: 571M
marketing: 1.6G
xml: 41M
ux: 170M
tools: 359M
udk: 69M
ucb: 864K
installation: 975M
lingucomponent: 11M
porting: 19M
sc: 80M
sw: 170K

I might suggest that if you are on a system that allows it, that you setup
svn  "ignores" for whatever areas you're not interested in and see if this
prevents "loading" to your local repository. Other than that, i don't have
any suggestions.

I know this is quite different than the very containized repositories we've
had in the past, so it might come as a bit of a shock.

Currently, although we have back-ups of the old "incubator" areas, I'm not
sure what we'll bedoing with them.

MzK

 by the way its animals are treated."
                              -- Mohandas Gandhi

Re: [GENERAL] status of legacy OOo site migration to ooo-site.apache.org

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
another short update on all this. It seems if I keep commit size down to
less than say 350M, things MOSTLY go OK unless I'm caught in the backup
cycle -- at which point my commit goes on forever and my terminal session
gets dropped. Oh well, at least svn seems to be able to "complete". Still
yesterday, I double checked the commit and did a cleanup to solve "lock"
problems I'd inadvertently caused before.

OK, I have the following areas left to fix (tomorrow): marketing (this is
BIG area), ux, and xml. Again, I will NOT be uploading the old
website/infrastructure area. I don't think there's anything there we can
use in our current operations.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
ok--I'll see what I can find out

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Am 23.11.11 02:54, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Kay Schenk<ka...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Folks--
>>
>> I have been doing some cleanup/fixing of  the OOo legacy site as we're
>> transporting to ooo-site.apache.org.
>>
>> The legacy site is QUITE large, and because of the more or less single
>> trunk we have now, much of what I'm doing will no doubt affect your local
>> repository sizes. So, if you do an update soon, you will definitely notice
>> this.
>>
>> Nearly all of the legacy projects sites were incomplete with only one level
>> of information whereas most contain many sub-directories -- this is what
>> I'm trying to fix.
>>
>> Monday and Tues, the following areas were fixed with the following sizes by
>> directory:
>>
>> qa: 679M
>> api: 196M
>> documentation: 2.3G
>> dba: 37M
>> bibliographic: 48M
>>
>> Hopefully by this coming Sunday, barring an unforeseen issues, I will also
>> "fix" (update) the following areas:
>> external: 1.6M
>> framework: 27M
>> graphics: 3.3M
>> gsl: 5.2M
>> ui: 571M
>> marketing: 1.6G
>> xml: 41M
>> ux: 170M
>> tools: 359M
>> udk: 69M
>> ucb: 864K
>> installation: 975M
>> lingucomponent: 11M
>> porting: 19M
>> sc: 80M
>> sw: 170K
>>
> You'll want to check with Infra@ for how much the SVN sync can take at
> once.  My guess is these large chunks (975M, etc.) will need to be
> broken up into smaller commits.
Yes, that's true. The SVN is mirrored, and if the pieces are too big,
the svn mirror has no chance to update. This make trubble.

Greetings Raphael

Re: [GENERAL] status of legacy OOo site migration to ooo-site.apache.org

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.