Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID> on 2017/11/09 20:07:37 UTC

Change to HttpSM history

I was looking at commit for e634659783bcadbedeb1bca411d36640d18b3b59 PR
2272. This moves the history mechanism to separate file. It also changes
history from a circular buffer to a linear buffer. This means the events
stored in it are the first events for the HttpSM, not necessarily the most
recent ones. I consider this a rather significant change but I see no
discussion of that in the PR and I don't remember it on the mailing list.
Did I miss it? I much prefer the circular buffer style.

Re: Change to HttpSM history

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Having used this for debugging in some trying circumstances, the knowledge
that the most recent events in the history are in fact the most recent
events was critical. The circularity could easily be handled by providing
iterators that masked the implementation. One might also note that if the
buffer is big enough to not overflow, it's irrelevant if it's circular.

Let's just leave it for now, I was just surprised at this change. I may try
to find time to do the iterator approach.

Re: Change to HttpSM history

Posted by Chao Xu <ok...@apache.org>.
Hi AMC,

Re: Change to HttpSM history