Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2018/05/27 03:29:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0

Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.5.0 release!

This release includes 12 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the
changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12343341

Tag:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_5_0
Tag commit id: cfea02483ef46c89eae66d4af932a725574edc4d

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r27123).
Source release: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.0/sources
Convenience binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.0/distribution

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.5.0.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with
sha256sum):
https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.5.0 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.
+1

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Paul,

     +1 from me.

     I downloaded the source distribution and ran tests, all tests pass on
my machine. Here is the my machine info:

Gradle 4.7

Build time:   2018-04-18 09:09:12 UTC
Revision:     b9a962bf70638332300e7f810689cb2febbd4a6c

Groovy:       2.4.12
Ant:          Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.9 compiled on February 2 2017
JVM:          1.8.0_152 (Oracle Corporation 25.152-b16)
OS:           Windows 10 10.0 amd64

     In addition, I ran the following code via groovyConsole and groovySh,
everything is OK.

```
@groovy.transform.CompileStatic
class A<T extends List<E>, E extends Number> {
    E getFirstNum(T numList) {
        numList.get(0)
    }
    static void main(args) {
        def a = new A<ArrayList&lt;Integer>, Integer>()
        def numList = new ArrayList<Integer>()
        numList.add(123)
        assert 123 == a.getFirstNum(numList)
    }