Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/07/13 11:24:04 UTC

James jobs in Hudson

Hello,

There were some james jobs failing in apache's Hudson installation
because in some machines java and ant were not in the PATH.
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/James/

I've fixed them but there are a couple of issues:
1.- I had to replace the goal 'deploy' by 'package' in the
maven-mailetdocs-plugin project because of authentication problems
(see build #17), do you know any reason to do a deploy in all builds?
2.- 'postage-trunk-m2' build is failing because it has a transitive
dependency of the james-server-3.0-SNAPSHOT and it seems to need the
james-server-dnsserver library. Nevertheless when I put them it
continues failing because it is doing an old use of the API. Could
some one familiar with this piece of code take a look?, if not I will
do when I had a bit of time.

Cheers
-Manolo

Re: James jobs in Hudson

Posted by Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
> Comments inside..
>
> 2010/7/13 Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>:
>> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Manuel,
>>>
>>> the deploy is needed to have it on the maven snapshot repository. For
>>
>> Yeah, the problem is that the deploy can only be done in the master
>> because other nodes don't have enough credentials to update the repo.
>
> Fair enough.. so another job for the hudson admin crew..

I've opened the ticket: INFRA-2872

Re: James jobs in Hudson

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Comments inside..

2010/7/13 Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Manuel,
>>
>> the deploy is needed to have it on the maven snapshot repository. For
>
> Yeah, the problem is that the deploy can only be done in the master
> because other nodes don't have enough credentials to update the repo.

Fair enough.. so another job for the hudson admin crew..

>> the other problem the best is to poke on infrstructure@apache.org.
>
> OK, I'll open a ticket to ask them to configure the settings.xml in other nodes.
>
> The postage-trunk-m2 problem should be fixed by us, because it is
> necessary to modify the pom and the code.

Yes, I will have a look when I have cycles..

> Tks
> -Manolo
>

>> Bye,
>> Norman
>>

>> 2010/7/13 Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> There were some james jobs failing in apache's Hudson installation
>>> because in some machines java and ant were not in the PATH.
>>> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/James/
>>>
>>> I've fixed them but there are a couple of issues:
>>> 1.- I had to replace the goal 'deploy' by 'package' in the
>>> maven-mailetdocs-plugin project because of authentication problems
>>> (see build #17), do you know any reason to do a deploy in all builds?
>>> 2.- 'postage-trunk-m2' build is failing because it has a transitive
>>> dependency of the james-server-3.0-SNAPSHOT and it seems to need the
>>> james-server-dnsserver library. Nevertheless when I put them it
>>> continues failing because it is doing an old use of the API. Could
>>> some one familiar with this piece of code take a look?, if not I will
>>> do when I had a bit of time.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> -Manolo

Bye,