Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Derek Libby <de...@mediaone.net> on 2001/07/17 07:16:18 UTC

Using prop find for properties whose namespace is not DAV

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to query for properties that don't
have DAV as their namespace.  In looking at the source for PropFindMethod I
notice that in the generateQuery function, DAV is hardcoded in as the
namespace.  I would like to query objects for properties whose namespace is
not DAV?  The only way I can see to do it is to call setQueryString and
passing in an XML string I generate myself.  Am I missing something or is
this the only way to do it?  Also, if I was to rewrite generateQuery so that
it correctly dealt with different namespaces on properties, is this
something that people would be interested in?

Re: Using prop find for properties whose namespace is not DAV

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi,
>    I am trying to build the wrappers classes in jakarta-slide using the
> command ant wrappers.
>    I am getting the following error.
>
> When i did javap on the class
org.apache.naming.resources.ResourceAttributes
> I found that the methods above are not public .They are private to the
> package.Can somebody help me with this.

I updated the ResourceAttributes class in Tomcat, and they are public now.

Tomcat 4.0b5 won't work with Slide anyway (tons of CL and lifecycle bugs).
We'll release 4.0b6 on 7/19.

Remy

RE: Using prop find for properties whose namespace is not DAV

Posted by Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>.
Hi,
   I am trying to build the wrappers classes in jakarta-slide using the
command ant wrappers.
   I am getting the following error.

 Compiling 4 source files to C:\Apache\jakarta-slide\build\classes
 C:\Apache\jakarta-slide\src\wrappers\jndi\SlideDirContext.java:509: No
method matching setCreationDate(java.util.Date) found in class
org.apache.naming.resources.ResourceAttributes.
         attrs.setCreationDate(revisionDescriptor.getCreationDateAsDate());
                              ^
 C:\Apache\jakarta-slide\src\wrappers\jndi\SlideDirContext.java:510: No
method matching setName(java.lang.String) found in class
org.apache.naming.resources.ResourceAttributes.
         attrs.setName(getRelativeName(name));
                      ^
 C:\Apache\jakarta-slide\src\wrappers\jndi\SlideDirContext.java:512: No
method matching setResourceType(java.lang.String) found in class
org.apache.naming.resources.ResourceAttributes.
             attrs.setResourceType("");
                                  ^
 C:\Apache\jakarta-slide\src\wrappers\jndi\SlideDirContext.java:513: No
method matching setContentLength(long) found in class
org.apache.naming.resources.ResourceAttributes.
         attrs.setContentLength(revisionDescriptor.getContentLength());
                               ^
 C:\Apache\jakarta-slide\src\wrappers\jndi\SlideDirContext.java:514: No
method matching setLastModified(java.util.Date) found in class
org.apache.naming.resources.ResourceAttributes.
         attrs.setLastModified(revisionDescriptor.getLastModifiedAsDate());
                              ^

When i did javap on the class org.apache.naming.resources.ResourceAttributes
I found that the methods above are not public .They are private to the
package.Can somebody help me with this.
     thanks,
     rajkumar